As the Director of Business Development, you will:
- Report directly to the CEO and collaborate in new initiatives.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall Maya market and technical strategy for the Life Sciences industry.
- Define and execute on a strategic GTM plan and ensure its in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Build a business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Identify key growth initiatives and help drive such initiatives autonomously and proactively
- Project manage business development initiatives by tracking key milestones, timelines, owners, and accountability across the organization.
- Build external relationships via trade shows, conferences, networking, and other new sources of information, intelligence, and insights.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Contact Relationship Management (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho, Pipedrive)
- Skill using a computer efficiently. Mac OS preferred.
- Email management, task management, and project management.
- Right to live and work in the US, we are not offering sponsorship as part of this role
- Experience working in a business development capacity in the healthcare industry
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface across disciplines and all of the organization
- Prior experience working with agile/scrum methodologies
- The ability to adapt and respond to challenges with a positive mental attitude
- Timeliness, honesty, and integrity
- Self-starter, creative problem solver, hungry to make an impact and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Experience working in early stage technology start-ups
- Experience working with software as a medical device
- Passion for mental health/psychology/research/data/wellness/quantified self etc.
- Part of the consciousness community and interests in topics like mindfulness, yoga, spirituality, and plant medicine
An annual base salary will be offered upon signing. As an early-stage team member you will also be awarded equity ownership, along with a with performance-based bonus plan, after a 3 month probationary period.
Reviews will be held by your manager at least every 6 months, presenting an opportunity for a title change and compensation adjustment.
While our office HQ is located in RiNo, Denver, this role leaves room for remote work. We prioritize a healthy, playful culture, flexible working hours, unlimited vacation time, and a health benefits package for full-time employees. This includes Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision; 50% employee-contributed (pre-tax). We also encourage all team members to embrace opportunities for personal growth, learning, and self-discovery by providing paid time off for such experiences and integration time.