About the company
Maya is designed to help people using psilocybin mushrooms to overcome depression, anxiety and trauma.
Maya lets users and therapists easily capture the important data surrounding psilocybin usage, providing the first data-powered tool to optimize psychedelic experiences for the desired outcome. Maya AI learns from the global community to provide personalized insight in real-time, empowering users to return to a full and healthy outlook in life.
Our mission is to legitimize psilocybin therapy as a viable and data-backed solution to the opioid crisis.
As Mid-Level React/Next.js Developer you will:
- Be responsible for the development of new features, modifications to existing functionality, and fixes to issues in Django w/Python.
- Work closely with the engineering team on server-side web application logic and frontend integration.
- Review, analyze, and modify software systems including coding, testing, debugging, installing and documenting.
- Troubleshoot back-end software and debugging application codes.
- Develop in alignment with established coding standards and design pattern best practices.
- Monitor and improve back-end performance.
- Assist as needed with documentation concerning architecture and implementation guidance.
- Use TDD techniques (with 80% min code coverage) for the development of Python.
We are only looking for candidates with proven experience using:
- Python OOP
- TDD practices
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Git source management
- Appropriate use of open-source libraries
Extra credit qualifications
- OO Design Patterns
- Open-source author and/or contributor
- Experience with agile methodologies
A great candidate has:
- A proven track record of creative problem solving in technology.
- The ability to adapt and respond to challenges with a positive mental attitude.
- Willingness to dive into code they didn’t write.
- Timeliness, honesty and integrity.
As an early-stage team member you will be awarded:
- Equity ownership.
- A competitive annual salary.
We prioritize a healthy culture, flexible working hours, unlimited vacation time, and a full health benefits package to be established upon closing of our next financing round. Maya is a team of eight, seed-funded and our office is near LoHi / Downtown Denver.