Dr. Dan Engle (Kuya): A New Institute for Whole Human Care
On today’s episode we delve into the promising future of Dr. Dan Engle’s new wellness institute, Kuya, located in Austin, Texas. The center focuses on whole human care, hoping to eliminate anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other mental health issues.
On the show, Dr. Dan Engle explains his history with psychedelics and the path that led him to open the center. He also speaks on his new book, A Dose of Hope, which follows the treatment of PTSD with MDMA-assisted therapy, recounted through the eyes of a fictional patient. We then finish up with the future of psychedelics, the need to train 100,000 new therapists, and advice to those looking to get involved.
Dr. Dan Engle is an American psychiatrist with a background in integrative psychiatry, neurocognitive restoration, peak performance medicine, and psychedelic research. His trans-disciplinary approach focuses on healing all aspects of the mind, body, and spirit to help individuals achieve optimum health, wellbeing, and sustained fulfillment. Dr. Engle is the Founder and Medical Director of Kuya Institute of Transformational Medicine in Austin, Texas; Full Spectrum Medicine a psychedelic integration and educational platform; and Thank You Life, a non-profit funding stream supporting access to psychedelic therapies.
- Dr. Dan Engle
- A Dose of Hope
- Kuya Institute of Transformational Medicine
- Thank You Life
- Full Spectrum Medicine
- Man Searches For Meaning
- It Didn’t Start With You
- :06 - History of Engle’s involvement in psychedelics and ayahuasca apprenticeship
- :13 - On the book “A Dose of Hope”
- :15 - Advice to give to practitioners for better understanding/empathizing with and supporting people who are completely foreign to this world
- :21 - The challenges faced with helping patients and clients through the psychedelic re-sensitization process
- :32 - What is Kuya? What does it offer?
- :49 - How will Kuya be made accessible to promote equality and inclusivity?
- 1:00 - How do we train 100,000 psychedelic therapists in our limited timeframe?
- 1:08 - Closing thoughts and advice to healers, therapists, and those aspiring to get into the field