Kevin Franciotti: Psychedelics in Recovery
Kevin Franciotti is a passionate enthusiast of psychedelic medicine, who's work is informed by his own relationship to addiction.
Today I am speaking to Kevin Franciotti, founder of Psychedelics in Recovery, a fellowship of individuals in 12-step programs who wish to use psychedelics and plant medicines as part of their recovery.
On the show we discuss Kevin’s experience using ibogaine as a treatment for his own opiate addiction and how his work in recovery helped him become a leader in the community.. We talk about the history of Alcoholic Anonymous and other 12-step programs. We explore recovery with a harm-reduction ethos and finally how psychedelic therapists can collaborate with the recovery community.
Kevin is a journalist, a psychedelic researcher, a harm reduction educator, and a substance use recovery advocate.
- Kevin’s Website: http://kevin.franciotti.net/
- Psychedelics in Recovery https://www.psychedelicsinrecovery.org/
- Kevin on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KevinFranciotti
- :05 - The history of Alcoholic Anonymous
- :13 - 12 step groups beyond AA and Psychedelic and Recovery
- :21 - Kevin’s personal experience with opiate addiction which led to ibogaine treatment
- :28 - How ibogaine works for opiate addiction
- :37 - Kevin’s experience with 12 step programs and other accountability after his ibogaine treatment.
- :46 - The creation of Psychedelics in Recovery, a 12 step community with a harm reduction ethos
- :53 - How do psychedelic therapists collaborate with this community and others like it