Alexandre Tannous: Psychedelics & Sound Meditation
Can sound help us disconnect from unhealthy habitual patterns? Today’s guest Alexandre Tannous, creator of the Sound Meditation protocol, shows how we can use harmonic frequencies to release trauma, enhance self-awareness and live happier lives.
Our conversation begins with Alexandre’s explanation of harmonic frequencies and the problem with the quantization of the 12-tone scale. We discuss the value of sound in the context of psychedelic experiences, as well as sound meditation protocols (set and setting). We conclude with issues that need to be addressed when working with these powerful tools.
Alexandre Tannous is an ethnomusicologist, sound therapist, and sound researcher. He is also the Principal Founder of ResonantMind Collective. For the past 22 years Alexandre has been researching the therapeutic and esoteric properties of sound from three different perspectives – Western scientific, Eastern philosophical, and shamanic societal beliefs – to gain a deeper understanding of how sound has been used to affect human consciousness. This search has led him to where art, science, philosophy, and spirituality intersect. He continues to do research on sound, currently works as a sound therapist, teaches the method he has created, and lectures about sound throughout the world.
- :08 - An overview of sound and the 12 tone scale
- :20 - The problem with calling supplements “plant medicine”
- Ability to experience the transformational quality of sound in the context of a psychedelic experience
- :28 - Default mode network
- :37 - Alexandre’s specific protocol for Sound Meditation
- :44 - The impact of the Sound Meditation Protocol
- :54 - The pitfalls of powerful tools and the parasitic force