Ian-Michael Hébert (Holos): Psychedelic Healing is Holistic Healing
Ian-Michael is co-founder Holos, an organization of holistic healing centers and communities, launching first in Costa Rica.
On the show we discuss a holistic approach to psychedelic medicine. We talk about the retreat model and Ian-Michael’s recommendations globally. He shares his perspective on psychedelic ethics and why it’s so important to be in integrity with local communities.
Born in Alaska, Ian-Michael is the former Director of Projects at Esalen Institute at Big Sur, he holds a Masters in Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies and he is co-founder and CEO of Holos.
Psychedelic healing is holistic. Let’s take this movement forward in a way that best honors the places, people, plants, and practices that make this work possible.
- Ian-Michael Hébert’s Website
- Esalen Institute
- CIIS Certificate in Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies and Research: The Canadian Psychedelic Association
- Retreat Guru
- The Temple of the Way of Light
- Nihue Rao
- Synthesis: Legal Psilocybin Retreat in Amsterdam
- :04 Buckminster Fuller’s "trim tab" and Stan Grof’s Holotropic Paradigm
- :12 Ian-Michael’s Alaska upbringing
- :16 Are personal psychedelic experiences necessary to be a psychedelic therapist?
- :21 Ian-Michael's training in psychedelic psychotherapy and where he sees his own blind spots
- :27 Where does Ian-Michael go to get answers to his questions about psychedelic medicines?
- :34 Why he chose the retreat model and other retreat centers he recommends
- :39 Which jurisdictions are amenable to psychedelic medicine
- :44 What challenges does Ian-Michael face as a retreat leader and for individual therapists?
- :49 The importance of working with local communities
- :58 How can people work with Ian-Michael and Holos